Well, I made something.
Before you listen, a bit of an explanation: Vaporwave is kinda all about contrasts and lies, cheery empty future promises. Thinking back on 2000s era for me felt like that but more present, happy pop music and sitcoms with a constant background fear everyone was trying not to think about. I tried to emulate that contrast in this:
It probably needs more work, but I kinda ran out of time on it (going on vacation today)
i wish mastodon supported different types of file types beyond image and video. like, how dope would it be to drop a processing file in a toot and have it render? or even just an audio file? a single-page self-contained html file that opens in a modal? there are so many things that could be done with this platform to turn it into one for creators that rivals other platforms.
the secret strat for having the optimal masto experience
- start on a big-ass instance
- make friends
- worry that the timelines are scrolling much too fast and/or are filling with more and more junk
- make an instance or pay a nice man in Portugal to make one for you
- follow all your friends back
- boost and fave the musings of strangers
- make new friends
- tell each other good morning and good night as if the home timeline is a communal kitchen
- be vulnerable
- be friendly
- be warm
A little bit cunty; A little bit drunk and old.
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism or Barbarism. The future is right around the corner.